do you think i should be allowed to serve my detention next week so i can go ice skating ?

today in my maths lesson i kept messing around my teacher said unless i behave i would be punished with a detention, she gave me 3 warnings but i carried on messing about she then said i would be punished with a detention at our school we have detentions on wednesday and friday and they last for 1 hour 45 minutes and are VERY dull and boring we have to sit at our desks in silence and are given work to do i have to write lines this friday my friend is having her birthday and we are all going ice skating straght after school, i asked my teacher if i can serve my detention next wednesday but she refused saying i am being punished and detention is not meant to be convenant and i have to serve it on friday, i told my mum and she said its my own fault and FULLY supports my teacher, its not fair detention is bad enough but making me miss my friends party is too harsh THOUGHTS PLEASE ?

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Punishment is more effective when it keeps you from doing something you really wanted to do. Waiting until you're not missing something fun sort of defeats the point of it.

• i think i was punished twice once with the detention then i missed out on the ice skating i dont understand why you are showing no sympathy ?

• It's called consequences, someething a lot of young people are not being taught these days.  You know the rules, you had multiple warnings and still you continued.  Suck it up - you deserve what you got, and hopefully you won't be so foolish the next time around!!!!!

no, it'll teach you not to get in trouble next time

Trolls are uneducated, so your school detention is merely a hallucination.

Go remove the leaves from under your bridge.

I think we've seen quite enough trolling questions from you about detention.

Of course.  You should be able to pick and choose when, where and how long your detention, which you are graciously willing to serve, just as you feel it should be completed.  Hopefully you can fit it into your schedule.

• Elaine

The answer you want to hear is yes you can go ice skating. Your teacher should let go go BUT with some conditions. You can go ice skating in bare feet, no socks, skates, or other footwear is  allowed. You can only wear shorts and a sleeveless tank top but no coat, sweater, or head covering is permitted.  

i dont think so, you shouldnt have been messing around and then you couldve gone to the party

school detention is there to serve a purpose 1 to deter poor behavour, 2 to punish poor behavour, this friday you will lose your freedom for nearly 2 hours, thats YOUR fault and its right you should NOT attend the party but sit in a stuffy classroom and write boring lines, your teacher gave you 3 warnings but you ignored her, you DESERVE to be punished

Your fault! Your teacher & mother are right. Next time, you will not need 3 warnings and STILL continue misbehaving. Grow up! Stop acting like a fool & then whining about it!

Your mom could keep you from attending the party, ground you, or otherwise punish you for your bad behavior in addition to detention by the school. Good for mom. You need the learning experience. Behave inappropriately & lose all privileges.

• Cogito
      1 month agoReport

Elizibeth - what's wrong with that? Seriously? You deserve everything you get. Maybe in future you'll remember this and start behaving better!