In the state of Nevada can I sue a person i was renting a car from if he does not return my deposit?

I rented a car from a private party in las vegas, i used the car to travel to california, Utah and Arizona.

The car accrued about 5.5k miles, and the person does not want to return my $250 deposit.

We had no written or verbal contract regarding how many miles i can do within the 3 month renting period.

What would be the best course of action?

• Clive

Obviously you sue in small claims court, but unless you have a contract that shows there was an agreed deposit you're going to have huge difficulty winning.

Sue in small claims court.

If there is no contract, then they have no way to keep the deposit.

Did you inform the person that you would be taking the car out of state?  If you did not, keep your mouth shut, and rent from a rental place from now on.

• yuda buda b2 months agoReport

Why would I do that? We never had an agreement based on miles or out of state