promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How much does it cost to become a Real Estate Agent in Alabama? ?

Generally speaking after taking the test which I heard cost roughly around $175/190 to get how much does it usually take to start up? Iv had someone tell me it cost them 12K in the first year when they only made $25K that year. Iv also had someone else tell me it only took a few hundred to 3K. So if anyone actually knows and could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Iv wanted to become a real estate agent for years but was too sacred to jump in not knows the cost start up. 

Thank you! 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

no cost after you pass the test

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Before taking the test you need to pay for pre-licensing education, background check fees, administration fees and exam fees which can add up to $450-$1200.  Once you associate with a broker you are legal to do business and a real estate agent.  

But here is the rub.  Becoming a real estate agent is no different than starting your own business.  You still have to learn the ropes (real estate school doesn't teach you how to succeed in the business) and may need to invest in advertising/self promotion to gain business.  The first year is really tough so you may want to lose your income expectations.  Many new licensee's don't make squat, and quit within the first year as a result.

• 1 month ago

I don't know the exact costs in Alabama but your income potential depends on the post license training you get.  Go with a company that offers new agent training.

I will say your first year cost of $12K is way out of line.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.