What should I do pt1?

My best friend and her gf have an apartment together. They fight a lot and my friend always has bruises. Whenever they break up they cry a lot, then try to work things out, but it keeps getting worse. Today her gf kicked their apartment door and broke the door frame. Their neighbors then called the cops. They physically fight all the time but feel like they can’t live without each other, but they can never seem to have a civilized disagreement. I step in to protect my friend. Her gf thinks I like her because how protective I am of her and I always show up for her. I’m worried because my friend is becoming mentally damaged, but won’t let go of the relationship. It’s. Becoming too much but neither one of them will block the other person. So my friends gf is now threatening to come to my friends job and do crazy ****. What should I do because I truly love my friend, but she always runs back because her gf mentally broke her down, now my friend depends on her gf for everything. I had to pull my friend out of the apartment the cops left and told them go separate ways. But they both fake left and came back, and wanted to talk, but things escalated. Now her gf thinks I’m dating her. And my bet friend is telling me I should have left the situation a lone, because her ex now feels that we have something going on secretly. I’m honestly torn to see my friend put up with this, and be dependent on her gf. What y’all think

• Foofa

If the gf is threatening you you'd call the police. But if your friend won't leave this relationship there's not really a lot you can do to save her from herself.

Why are you so involved in your friend's life?  Asnwer this question to yourself.  If it is because you love her as more then a friend, then you are wrong to get in middle of this recurring drama.  For clearly this friend does not think anymore of you then just a friend.  You keep showing up at her side, makes the other jealous and make things worse.   

If you are just doing it beause you think of her as a friend or sister, then you are right to a point.  Cause when this thing keeps recurring, clearly, your friend does not or is not ready to give up her lover and wants to work things out, no matter how bad things get.  So I suggest you keep out of it, unless your friend is ready to let go of her lover on her own.  Otherwise you will always be considered an unwanted third wheel as soon as they make up.  Let her live her life as she wants.  She will learn from her mistakes.

i would tell the police if people are getting hurt

• Carson

I think you need to extract yourself from the drama. Her gf is violent. She.likes being a punching bag. Whatever happens you'll be blamed and the nut gf will be beating on you.