What to do in relation to taxes when someone else uses your info to work?

I let someone use my information to do all the ride-sharing and delivery apps. I lost contact with them a few months ago but as I was doing my taxes I happened to see something about not forgetting that kind of stuff. Soo do I need put it, though I don't know the amounts made. Or just leave it alone and let the IRS know what happened? I know I will not and can not pay for what they earned

• Judy

Great idea - just tell the IRS what happened.  Maybe you and your former friend will be allowed to share a cell.  You do realize, don't you, that what you did was illegal?

You are only allowed to put what you personally made yourself. You are not allowed to put what someone else earned using your info.

You hire an attorney.

There is NO other answer that both works, and will fit in a Yahoo Answers post.

You have to pay taxes on this money.

Hope they are no longer working for gig employers.

And while you are writing this check, just realize how lucky you are that the person didn't get in a car accident while you authorized them to impersonate you.

• Shay

If they used your info then anything they earned was reported under YOUR NAME.

The IRS doesn't care.  

YOU are responsible for the taxes on that money even if you didn't actually claim it and allowed someone else to have it.  

If you didn't get a 1099 form or other proof of earnings from these ride share apps, then the income MIGHT not have been reported to the IRS.  If the apps only have information available by checking online, then it still might have been reported to the IRS.  

NEVER let anyone use your information.  Make sure to cancel or close any accounts that this other person might still have access to or they could be continuing to earn their income under your name.  This leaves them owing no taxes and you owing taxes on that income.  Again - the IRS doesn't care and you would need a very good lawyer to straighten out the mess.

• Jay1 month agoReport

I'm assuming they put their address soo if a 1099 was mailed then I have no idea where it or the amounts or anything. Soo if I do have to pay I don't even know how much

I have no idea what you are asking and how it applies to taxes.

• Jay2 months agoReport

They worked for Lyft and Uber but used my name to sign up. Do I have to pay taxes on it or can I just leave it alone or do I need to contact the IRS to let them know the situation before they say I failed to report income