Why do police have their number on private?

• 6 days ago

They're kinda shy.

This scenario would depend on multiple factors though, most of the times it would be on register so basically the people the law enforcement agency officers ๐Ÿ‘ฎ ๐Ÿ‘ฎ ๐Ÿ‘ฎ ๐Ÿ‘ฎ ๐Ÿ‘ฎ ๐Ÿ’‚ ๐Ÿ’‚ ๐Ÿ’‚ ๐Ÿ’‚ ๐Ÿ’‚ ๐Ÿ‘ฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฒ ๐Ÿ‘ฒ ๐Ÿ‘ณ ๐Ÿ‘ณ ๐Ÿ‘ณ ๐Ÿ‘ณ ๐Ÿ‘ณ ๐Ÿ‘ฆ ๐Ÿ‘ฆ ๐Ÿ‘ฆ ๐Ÿ‘ฆ ๐Ÿ‘ฆ ๐Ÿ‘ฑ ๐Ÿ‘ฑ ๐Ÿ‘ฑ ๐Ÿ‘ฑ ๐Ÿ‘ฑ ๐Ÿš“ ๐Ÿš” ๐Ÿšš ๐Ÿš› ๐Ÿš— but, it doesn't necessarily matter whether the number is published on your caller identification on your phone as even if it did the phone carrier company wouldn't allow you to contact back them back; however, if you have an emergency or any urgent situation along with / or, time sensitive situation then, feel free to contact emergency services for assistanceย 

Because they've read your "question" on Yahoo 5 or 6 times and don't want to have to hear it again:ย  "How does ban still apply to me of going to the cafe?ย  There a cafe which I have been told not to go near the building or the police will get involved. So the owner changed and itโ€™s none of the same people working there. On yahoo I have been told I canโ€™t go there still. The new owners donโ€™t know me so how can I still get in trouble for going there?"

I assume that most people who know you have their number on private.

Whoever called you DID NOT call from a police number. Even when they call from an unpublished number, your caller ID shows the PUBLIC number for the department.

• Bruce

Most departments have several phone lines. The detectives and supervisors are assigned unpublished numbers so they don't tie up the main line. The department still wants all incoming calls to go through their main line, so they don't make them public.ย 

• STEVEN F
      1 month agoReport

Their system is programed to display the PUBLIC number for all outgoing calls from department phones.

911 isnโ€™t exactly private.ย