Casio Keyboard, batteries/power low or needs repaired?

I recently was given and old hand-me-down casio keyboard from my aunt, as she didnt use it for years and wasnt going to. It was good the first few days I had it, and i was in the middle of learning a song when I noticed the keys sounds would waver, or cut out and come abck after a second. Until it completely shut itself off..

Is the power just low, or should I take it in for repairs?

If it helps identify the issue, after leaving the keyboard alone for an hour or so and then trying again, it stayed on and functioned properly longer than before, when i kept trying over and over.

OKAY since some soggy asshole scented bag of potato chips had to make an uncalled for comment about model number: My keyboard is the LK-30 model

Until you get new cells, 

stop trying to make it work at all.      

With only "old hand-me-down casio keyboard" and no model number, how to guess?

Pointless question.

• Lexi2 months agoReport

hey heres an idea, maybe ask or suggest an edit from the undereducated 14 year old rather than being a soggy potato chip.

• khalil

maybe a bad capacitor on its pcb ...

look at the right photo ....

http://tutorials.lcdalternatives.com/tutorials/204...

If it has a plug in power adapter, plug it in.  If it doesn't, change the batteries.  If neither of these fixes the problem, then it probably requires professional repair. 

• derfram

That really does sound like just dying batteries.  Will likely be OK with new battereis.  Or you might want to consider https://www.amazon.com/Casio-LK-30-LK-44-Power-Supply/dp/B00DW15IRE