promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Casio Keyboard, batteries/power low or needs repaired?

I recently was given and old hand-me-down casio keyboard from my aunt, as she didnt use it for years and wasnt going to. It was good the first few days I had it, and i was in the middle of learning a song when I noticed the keys sounds would waver, or cut out and come abck after a second. Until it completely shut itself off..

Is the power just low, or should I take it in for repairs?

Update:

If it helps identify the issue, after leaving the keyboard alone for an hour or so and then trying again, it stayed on and functioned properly longer than before, when i kept trying over and over.

Update 2:

OKAY since some soggy asshole scented bag of potato chips had to make an uncalled for comment about model number: My keyboard is the LK-30 model

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Until you get new cells, 

stop trying to make it work at all.      

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

With only "old hand-me-down casio keyboard" and no model number, how to guess?

Pointless question.

• Lexi2 months agoReport

hey heres an idea, maybe ask or suggest an edit from the undereducated 14 year old rather than being a soggy potato chip.

• khalil
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe a bad capacitor on its pcb ...

look at the right photo ....

http://tutorials.lcdalternatives.com/tutorials/204...

• 2 months ago

If it has a plug in power adapter, plug it in.  If it doesn't, change the batteries.  If neither of these fixes the problem, then it probably requires professional repair. 

• ...Show all comments
    • derfram
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That really does sound like just dying batteries.  Will likely be OK with new battereis.  Or you might want to consider https://www.amazon.com/Casio-LK-30-LK-44-Power-Supply/dp/B00DW15IRE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.