promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Is my son behind?

My boy is almost 11 months and just this month he began to crawl and he just began to stand up by himself if he’s holding onto something... he’s just beginning to do those now at 10 months old. He can crawl all over the place now, climb up stairs, stand by himself while holding onto something.. is he behind since it took him until he was 10 months to do all these things? The only milestone he was able to do at the average age was sitting up unattended which he did at 5 1/2 months old.. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

EVERY child is DIFFERENT and that is why milestones are JUST AVERAGES.

Everything  you describe is PERFECTLY within NORMAL range for 11 months.

My first baby walked unassisted at 9 months.  My second baby didn't walk unassisted until 14 months.  By the time they each reached the age of starting school, there was no way to tell which one of them was "early" at doing things and which one of them was "later" at doing things.  Early development does NOT determine if your child will always be behind or ahead of other children their age.  

Stop obsessing over things that are well within NORMAL ranges.  When your baby reaches an age that is PAST the late end of a developmental average - then  you can worry about it.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

No baby will ever follow the milestones the way they are supposed to, and to expect him to hit these markers at exactly the times they give is not fair to your baby. He will do what he does when it is time for him to do so~ no sooner. no later.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. That's all well within the "normal" range. 

• 1 month ago

No.

-----------

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

NOT if he's your first child ...................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.