Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Is it rude for employee to reply “I am in the office” to email that HR sent to his department(expected time of return)if he returned earlier?

I was dismissed from jury duty around 11am, so I e-mailed HR of my expected return time.  But I got back to the office about 45 minutes earlier.  When I opened my office e-mail and noticed that HR relayed my message to my department (brand-new e-mail; she didn’t forward my e-mail), I replied “I am in the office.”  Did I make HR look stupid by doing that, since she didn’t forward my e-mail and therefore gave no evidence to my department of what time I actually said I’ll be back?  The only reason I expected my trip back to take longer, was in case of train delays.  So I didn’t want to assume I’ll be back exactly according to the train schedule.

You just made yourself look stupid.

• xyzzy

Why would you get HR involved in the first Place? Why didn't you just email your manager your ETA?

You will be fired for getting back to work earlier than you said you would.

that was very rude of you. turning up was sufficient