promotion image of download ymail app

If i have a court order on a wage theft case,can I withdraw money from my ex-employer's bank account?

3 Answers

  • Nancy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    If that court order is a garnishment order that includes attaching the defendants' bank accounts, then, yes, you can take it to the defendant's bank and the bank will, after reviewing the order and authenticating it, withdraw the funds from the defendant's bank account.

    It depends on the court order, but usually the funds are not remitted directly to you but rather are remitted to the court, as per the court order. The court then notifies you that it has recovered the funds for you judgment and asks you to please come down and claim the money from the court.

    • Frederick
      Lv 4
      3 months agoReport

      Thanks for very useful advise,pal!!!

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • y
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    You can't, the legal system can.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

    There are legal ways to seize assets if you have a judgment and they haven't paid.

    If you have a court order to take an account or part of an account go to the bank and present it. If you don't, ask your lawyer how to get one.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.