promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Will I make more with two associate degrees?

I am currently working on two similar but very different degrees. I will have a general degree in Allied Health within the year, and I will attain my second degree which is in Nursing within two years during which I will be working on my clinical rotations and shadowing an interventional cardiologist. My question to put it simply is, will I generate more income with both these two degrees if I choose to work while completing my bachelors and starting work on my pre-meds?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

no.....................................

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Dont bother with a second associates, go for the bachelor's...

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No, but having two associates' degrees won't hurt you, either.

• n2mama
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is unlikely that having two AA degrees will increase your earning power more than a single one. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The short answer is no, and you are getting a bunch of degrees that arent going to help you in med school, but if that is what you want to do, no, the allied degree will not get you more as a 2 year-RN as those jobs are paid entirely on a nursing scale and they wont care what else you have.  You are also going to have to take a lot of pre med science in university as the science you have for these other programs is not at the higher caliber and not acceptable.

• 2 months ago

Nursing school and medical school are not very related.

If you want to become a medical doctor, going to nursing school is not going to help that very much.  Few schools offer "pre med" degrees anymore.  In most situations, you would get an undergrad degree in a life science - biology, anatomy, biochem, etc

If you plan to get your RN licensing after completing the nursing program at the CC that will do the most to increase your income.  Having an AA in a generic field like allied health, probably won't do much to increase your income.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.