Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

What can I do? I used to feel ashamed of my parents jobs, now I'm 21 and I'm very regretful. I've never denied them but still?

My Dad was a "Hit Man" for organized crime and my Mother stayed at home.

I didn't want anybody to know.

Let it go. Nothing to feel regretful about. You were younger and didn't have an adult understanding of life. Now, you are more mature.

• boris

What are the jobs? You better have one and pay bills to be criticizing.

So you were saying you were a kid and now you are not a kid.  Someone said it's amazing how parents become so smart and good providers once kids become adults.  All kids do things they are not happy they did.  My brother called me sh!thead for my entire life as a kid and I was shocked when he treated me well when we were adults. 

nothing. you can not change the past or how you used to feel. now you have matured and finally realize that. it's what you do going forward that matters not how you felt as a child. most kids are embarrassed by some aspect of their parents. and most parents know this and love their kids anyway. it's what children do. now you are an adult and have grown to appreciate them. that's what growing up is.

Did they put food on the table?

Did they clothe you?

Did they take care of you when you were sick?

Do they love you?

If so, you have nothing to complain about and should be grateful for the sacrifices they made for you. Visit your parents and thank them for what they've done for you. And maybe apologize for the times you were a handful.

Well enjoy it now then.