Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Is this cheating?

I am in an exclusive relationship. He has some female friends. Some of them are married. One of the married friends texted him about movies while we were together on Saturday. This is a long thread with a lot exchanges. I am uncomfortable. Should I confront him?

It gets exhausting, policing the actions of our mates. Spending way too much time on what he is doing, his behaviors etc...put that time and energy into you and your life. Enjoy his company when you are together. I used to have really long claws, now they are the size of a baby kitty and I am much happier. Took some time, but life really is short. Good luck. 

• You truly need a detour, my friend.  Anymore of this will only cause you more pain. "Seek and ye shall find."

Pardon me if this is offensive to you.  Many words in the bible ring so true to me.  

I am all that is Spiritual - without religion.  

All I can say is "Listen" and follow your heart.  This never fails!  :D

Source(s): Life is so Good!

just conversation, not cheating, if you make a thing about it you will be seen as selfish

No, not cheating.  Some women get carried away texting, talking, etc. Some like to get an input from a guy at times to get their viewpoint and it can at times get pretty involved time-wise. Unless there's a definite thing in their conversations you can point to that gives an inkling there's cheating going on, leave it be.

No, he's just trying to simp.

Yes, you should talk to him.  I don't know if he's cheating but as men go the answer is most likely, yes.

• snack_daddy10

Yeah, talk to him or a therapist about your paranoia.

• Foofa

Texting about movies is hardly cheating. If this is how low you've set the bar for infidelity I don't see this relationship lasting.

• snack_daddy10

She is seeking to isolate him from his friends and family, so he will be dependent on her and only her.

Is he in this exclusive relationship with you? It would depend on how long the texting took place for me to be upset about it. Cheating? NO. Even if she mentioned anything about any good sex scenes being in the movie

• Rick

I'm guessing it's not cheating or about cheating, but I don't know all the details.  Instead of confronting him, which will lead to a fight, tell him how you feel and why.  

Do the same back.... see how he reacts..... pretend to be in a long long text conversation with a man........ I bet he would find it uncomfortable and actually disrespectful and unkind. Then ask him why he considers it to be ok for him to do it to you..... It may not be cheating, but it's thoughtless, rude and shows considerable disrespect for the other person, which is actually as bad as cheating. 

• snack_daddy10

YEAH, he should not geek out or have friends!  He is your property now and has no right to talk to people any more!