Refund and still recived iteams?

I am from New Zealand and purchased some items from Australia. I purchased these items that totalled $2500 on the 5th December. On the 8th January they refunded me due to not knowing where the package was. Today they 19th of February I receive a tax/duty fee in the post for the items that they have them. What should I do? Pay the tax and receive the items or contact the company. If I receive the items will I have any legal problems? My problem with this company was these were Christmas gifts and my family missed out. Also the refund got returned $300 less due to exchange rate that they would not compensate for.

This whole thing sounds suspicious.  I would call the company before spending any more money on this purchase.

If you still want the items, you can accept them and notify the company that they were finally received so they can reverse the refund. There was no reason the seller should take a $300 hit due to the exchange rate.