Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Being Banned From Planet Fitness Over a False Accusation ?

So my daughter and I have been members of Planet Fitness for over 3 years now.  recently starting around the beginning of the month my daughter started having "issues"  with a staff member there. I quoted the issue because keep in mind my daughter and this person have never spoken actual words to each other ever. This said employee has a chip on her shoulder for my daughter due to jealousy over a particular reason that I will not disclose here. With that said this employee began to slander my daughter on social media. Posts did not name my daughter by name, but we obviously know who they were intended for. This continued and I advised my daughter to not act on this and to just continue going to the gym as usual and ignore the bully. one night my daughter and I were at the gym and this staff member was also working out off the clock at the same time as us. We go about our usual workout and kind of avoid the areas that this staff member is in. This staff member had been at the gym before us for a while and we watched her wait by the counter for us to leave. We both walked out at the same time into the parking lot. As she was driving away from this person deliberately starts to verbally harass my daughter by yelling out slurs as she drove away. After this, the social media posts continued and yet again we decide to ignore it we did not report the incident and we decide to move on.

CONTINUED: I get a call from a random cell number the women on the phone claimed to be the regional manager and she explained to us that our memberships have been terminated 

due to the harassment of a staff member. This staff member turned the situation around on my daughter and said that my daughter threw something at her moving car while we were in the parking lot and she was off the clock. 

They emailed me the termination and labeled the reason for cancellation as "No Time-Too Busy-No Usage". How should I go about fighting this, and getting said employee in trouble for false accusations? I am really at a loss for words since this seems like children play and we are all adults.

I would also like to mention that the " regional manager" did not offer me any proof of incident just a phone call and termination letter. Also,

the social

media posts have been deleted, but I do have screenshots.

The social media posts do continue. 

• Diana
    Favorite Answer

I think that this call was a scam by your daughter's harasser.  In fact, you should contact the corporate office and tell them what's going on.  Also, include samples of the cyber bullying.  

https://corporateofficehq.com/planet-fitness-corpo...

Mom, I think there's something going on there that you're not privvy to.

Why fight it?  Planet Fitness is one of the worst chains in the US.  Their target customers are those who will never show up but continue to pay their bill.  But worse than that, they discourage weight training, which is akin to a gas station banning the sale of engine oil.  It makes no goddamn sense.

My advice to you would be that you and your daughter join real gyms; ones run by adults who know what the hell they're doing rather than petty kids who still think they're in middle school.

Just move to another gym and be done with all this drama from your life.

Not a question. Next!