Melissa asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Can I get held back in 7th Grade?

I'm worried because I've missed several days of school. The last time I was at school was probably January 17th, and right now it is the middle of February and I still haven't gone back. 

I've been in two different hospitals for severe depression that keeps on getting worse and worse, triggering thoughts and making me have many mental breakdowns throughout the day. I haven't been able to go since I keep on getting hospitalized. I'm afraid I may get held back or something since I haven't been there. 

I might have to go to another hospital (since I can't be trusted alone anymore) and see if they can help me. But what keeps stressing me out is school, and my guidance counselor priority is school over my health and he has been trying to get me back in school, despite what had been happening. 

My school isn't in session currently because of the coronavirus outbreak. Instead, we're using google hangouts to have classes remotely. See if the guidance counselor can set up something like that for you

• LAN

Still singing the song of your people I see...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

Youtube thumbnail

Yes, you will probably fail and have to repeat the grade.  You are your own worst enemy, aren't you?  You are causing your own depression by skipping school, and then using the absence as an excuse for your depression.  You may have a mental issue but as for school, you caused it yourself.  Excessive absences means you don't know the work and your test grades of zero will be averaged in to your good grades.  Also, so many absences = a failing grade, and having to repeat.

• The Bad2 months agoReport

you boomers really have no idea how depression works do you

Yes, of course. That’s called “ failing “. I failed the 7th grade and the 9th grade, and it’s made no big difference in my life. In fact, I think it’s made me even smarter. 

Ask me a question about anything that doesn’t involve math or science. I guarantee you, I’ll be able to make up an answer that at least sounds correct.