promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Red asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

What causes legs to give out suddenly?

I went out to hunt cyote and was sitting for about 3 hours in a stand after I got done I went to climb down and as soon as I put one foot on the ladder my leg felt weak and instantly gave out no warning I had to catch myself by grabbing ahold of the stand I've never had this problem before.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

from the way you were sitting. try stretching before you get up after a long sit. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Multiple Sclerosis is one of dozens of possible causes.

• 1 month ago

Perhaps a circulation problem.

Perhaps a simple case of muscle cramps.

Either way

I agree that stretching out beforehand might have prevented the problem.

• 1 month ago

It could be because you’re 75 years old, although I wouldn’t call that “sudden”. Take up knitting, crossword puzzles, or anything else that doesn't become dangerous when you lose complete control over your body.

Guns and ladders are out. And maybe, be nicer to the coyotes since you are now an easy target for them.

• BBean
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

No, this asker is probably no where near that age. I have had my legs go out of control sleeping on nerves or working in awkward positions more when age 20 -35. If you have never had your arm or leg 'go to sleep' your experience may be on the horizon. Your harsh judgement impelled me to comment. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.