promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My parents are immigrants and we live in a mobile home, we lived in their for 14 years and I want to move but they are scared of ice?

They been in the USA for 15 years and still haven’t gotten their green card. Should they be scared? What will ice do to us? Can we buy a house?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Unless your parents are felons it's unlikely they'll run int ICE. They are just two in a sea of millions and the US lacks the resources to root out everyone. Not sure why they think moving house would present some new peril to them. Depending on where they live they may be "untouchable". As someone who owns rental property in L.A. I'm not even allowed to ask prospective tenants about their immigration status (and could do jail time for doing so).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"They been in the USA for 15 years and still haven’t gotten their green card." which likely means they are illegals so they will never get a green card.......... they need to both return home to their own country

• 1 month ago

If they entered US illegally, there is NO way they will ever get any green card. They have no choice but to return to their own country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.