Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Did I accidentally inhale a toothbrush bristle into my lungs? I have the urge to cough hard and I have no idea what to do ?

I brush my teeth usually pretty aggressively lately with a non mechanical toothbrush (I really need to stop doing that) and some of the bristles come off of the toothbrush and floats around in my mouth with all of the toothpaste and I have to take out the bristle in my mouth with my finger. I was brushing my teeth a little while ago and then suddenly I felt an urge to cough but didn’t cough until after I was done brushing. I don’t recall feeling a bristle in my mouth and a little while after I was done I went to bed and The feeling to cough hard came. I still have the urge to cough rn and I have been for a bit and I don’t know what is causing this. My only guesses are that it’s a toothbrush bristle in my lungs or right near my windpipe or toothpaste in the back of my throat or mucus I have no idea what to do. Any advice ?? Also my chest will probably soon start to hurt from all of the coughing. 

Nothing to do, try some warm water or tea to calm the area.

• Lelman1 month agoReport

Oke thx