Anonymous

Do black people ever wish they were white?

I mean not to be racist but I would HATE to have naturally curly hair, and idk I just like being white in general

I sometimes feel moderate desire to be white because of the positive comparisons and good associations of the white

race. I favor white people’s physical features of racial appearances because it generally symmetrical and definite while

black people’s physical features of racial appearances are nonuniform and vague. I appreciate white people’s medium

to high rates of human development indexes having decent influences on modern day societies and ashamed of black

people's lower rates of human development indexes causing more troublesome statistics of community demographies.

Black people have coily hairs, not curly hairs. Curly hairs are considerably less difficult to detangle and style than coily

hairs. Coily hairs are very prone to being knotted and stiff. Wellbeings are more important than appearances. I dislike it

when black people’s inferiority complexes of being black influence them to mistreat and disregard people of either their

race or other race or express false entitlements and victim playing mentalities to suppress their racial identity problems.

I'm African American. My mom is African American and my dad was White. Did I ever wonder what it would be like if I had been born from both White parents? Yes. Did I ever wonder what it would be like if I had been born from an entirely different culture or ethnicity? Yes. I am not going to lie.

I have wondered what it would be like if I have been born Caucasian, having pink ore ruddy skin and straight hair. Or if I had been born another race or ethnicity.

I have wondered if my life would have been any different.

• MyaJay1 month agoReport

Ma'am, you're biracial... 

Did you forget hairstraighteners exist? Or that whites can be born with curly hair too?

They can use a hair straightener if they don't like having Afro-textured hair. Plenty of whites go to the hairdresser's to change their hair texture.

Probably  why they  chase  after  white  people   for marriage partners

Absolutely not ! I don't like the current culture and mentalities of black people though. 

Not this brother.

Black is the pride in me for the whole world to see.

You mean, do brown people wish they were pink?  Answer: No.

Whites always copy us so its the opposite.

• Blue Diamond
      1 month agoReport

Not so much "copying" as sharing & enjoying certain elements of each other's culture. It's part of our multicultural society, which does have its benefits, music & food being 2.
      I'm sure Blacks have listened to Strauss Waltzes or German Beer/Wine, etc - Nothing wrong with broadening our horizons 

this question pretty much proves that white privilege is a real thing 

white people would never want to be another race.

yet many minorities are influenced by white media to think looking white is more attractive, so many strive for or wish they met that standard.

I don't think most black people want to be white, but they do discriminate against their own race due to colorism 

that's a loaded question - one thing is certain from oprah to wendy to nene leakes & multitude of others, they're all bleaching their skin, every year they get lighter- take a look at oprah's skin color 20 years ago, take a look at any of their old pictures & you'll see the contrast & it's not makeup , lol - not only is their skin color getting lighter but their noses less broad- Just an observation, no different from White's tanning, it's just Blacks want to hide it, rather than own it.