promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 2 months ago

What would happen if I did this prank on a cruise ship?

Say that while the ship is at sea, when a ships officer is in ear shot on deck, I just randomly start yelling "MAN OVERBOARD! MAN OVERBOARD!"

Causing them to stop the ship and look for him.

Then I'm all like: "Haaaaa just kidding, there's no man overboard. But you should've seen the looks on your faces, WHOOO I got you guys good!"

Lol what would come of that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Minimum?  Kicked off the ship at the next port.  But more likely you’d be arrested and face criminal charges.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Cruise ships have a secure room called "the brig". It's the ship's prison. You'd get to see the inside of the brig until the ship reached the next port it was due to call at. Then you'd be handed over to the police of whatever country the ship arrived at.

• 1 month ago

you would be locked up till the next port and then offloaded to find your own way home

• Edd S
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Laws on the sea are very strict.   You can spend your entire voyage in the brig and face the distain of everyone on board.  You might risk being thrown over yourself.  If you did this idiotic thing I would hope the news of it would be sent to your home town so the shunning could continue.    Being a shithead isn't something laughable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You won't face CRIMINAL charges is you yell AFTER you jump.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cruise ships have brigs and that's likely where you'd sit until debarkation.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Presuming you're out of the 72-hour psychiatric hold from your last prank, you'll do another 72 hours.

And what you propose is a felony.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You'd be tossed overboard with nothing but a flotation device.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

They are out of flotation devices.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you are actually this stupid, you would be arrested immediately after admitting to the prank. You can and will be charged with endangering the lives of other passengers and ship staff, fraud, among other things. Expect to pay a huge fine and spend time in jail ($5,000 and up to 5 years in prison). All over a dumba$$ prank.

• 2 months ago

Grow up you adolescent moron!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.