Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

How does this happen?

I received the news two weeks ago. My wife and I are having trouble comprehending and dealing with it.

For the past year, I have had some consistent indigestion. When I went in to see my doctor last month he didn’t seem very concerned, but he sent me to see a gastroenterologist. 

The gastroenterologist scoped me, and one week later I received the diagnosis of stage 4 stomach cancer.

I’m 33 years of age, and relatively healthy. I’m 6 foot 2 inches tall, and weigh around 180 pounds. I used to be a vegetarian for over 5 years, until last year.

On Monday, I’m having a procedure to have a port placed. That way treatments such as chemotherapy can be administered much more easily. That same day I have my first round of chemotherapy.

I’m honestly scared and anxious. I don’t know what this journey will consist of. I know that the survival rate for this disease is very low, but I’m hoping for a miracle.

Does anyone have any remedies or other treatment recommendations? I could really use them at this time.

I will most likely make an update in a few weeks.

• Edna

Go away, troll!!!  How many MORE times are you going to post this same question?   This is the FOURTH time within 2 weeks!  You create a new account every time you post it.

• Pippin

By definition stage 4 cancer has metastases.  If it's in your lymph nodes, that's regional spread, with a much higher survival rate. And surgery would be the initial treatment.  So sounds like you need to talk again to your doctor and get a more accurate understanding of exactly what you have. That would surely be the sensible route rather than joining this group JUST to ask a question of random strangers.

Where are your metastases? That is part of the diagnosis of Stage 4. I'm surprised you aren't in surgery.

In a similar circumstance , I had multiple scans, a whole body scan, and then a biopsy.  Then surgery. The surgery came right after the biopsy in the same session. No one can identify stage 4 without more tests.

• 1 month agoReport

They won’t consider doing surgery until there is no evidence of cancer in my body. There is also no evidence of detectable metastatic tumors in my organs. However, some of my lymph nodes are enlarged.

• kelvin

well i call BS on this and if you did have stage four stomach cancer for almost a whole year you would not weigh 180 pounds and you would be in excruiating pain daily and none of the information you state is even close to what happens as i know someone personally who went through the process

• kelvin
      1 month agoReport

my doctor caught it early and with me quitting drinking and very expensive medication it went away and i hate too say this but i seriously seriously doubt you have any type of cancer and no qualified doctor is gonna make you wait almost a month to start anything

• LAN

I recommend that you take a course in creative writing to learn to write more believable fiction.

BTW nimrod,  when you post these rants don't get so involved in your lie that you forget to ask a real question.

• Edna
      4 weeks agoReport

This is the 4th time he's posted variations of this same question within the last 2 weeks. What he does is, he creates a new account every time he posts it.

• Andy C

No one knows what the future will bring. None of the 20 doctor team at the ICU in Swedish Seattle would have believed that 6 years later I would not only be walking, but the sighted and very active stay at home dad of the daughter that shouldn't exist bc I shouldn't exist.

I was 31 and it was catastrophic organ and neural failure that proved to be my first big challenge.

The odds of my survival and recovery are roughly 3 in a billion. Maybe less. Those odds are extrapolated.

Don't give up hope until you are dead. I even had a bit of that, but here I am.

As for recommended dietary changes, eat only whole foods and drink water and milk ONLY. Herbal tea now and then wouldn't hurt.

You are where you are bc of a diet high in sugars (and perhaps alcohol) and low in fiber, specifically INSOLUBLE fiber. Metamucil will taste awful and do little.

What I just told you would have PREVENTED colon cancer and most GI cancers. Now, it's your best shot at beating this.

Source(s): Read "Fat Chance " by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D. and "The Hacking of the American Mind", especially for your wife's sanity and health. These changed my life as much as dying did. Best of luck, which really means try your a$$ off.
  • Rick B

So sorry to hear that.  Stage IV is pretty grim.  Your oncologist should talk to you about the prognosis and treatment options.

• 1 month agoReport

Thanks, we have had a discussion with her. The five year survival rate for my stage of gastric cancer is 4 percent.

nothing i could recommend.

but I'm so sorry for your prognosis.

especially since your're still a pretty young age at 33.

I hope you can live out what remaining time left you have to the fullest, and that your time transitioning out of this life is as peaceful as possible.

I'm very sorry.

• kelvin
      1 month agoReport

sorry for what as he doesn't have stage four anything and you want me to prove it well read my answer