promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

Can a used car with over 100k miles still last a while?

Im looking at getting a 2012 honda civic with 137k for $6500. Do you think it will last a while?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is possible but not at all guaranteed.  It depends on how well it was maintained during that time and whether someone tried to pull heavy loads with it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

yes if its a six cylinder, not a 4 cylinder

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

None COME  with a V6
      :https://www.quora.com/Which-Honda-Civics-have-a-V6-engine

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Generally nobody buys a car and does nothing to it.  It gets tires, brakes, battery, oil changes, and tune ups while you own it.  (it is YOUR BEECH & she wants what she wants when she wants it.)  IGNORE HER and expect to walk when she don't put out anymore.

/ So there has been stuff done to the car since being bought new.  A battery on average lasts 6 years(as they age) so you are into the second battery.  Brakes, IDK, that is something that has to be inspected at your local brake shop.  You either have them or you HAVE NO WAY TO STOP.(which is kind of important).

.  Generally speaking you should be able to get 250K out of that car without too much trouble.  Maybe it needs a muffler, maybe not.  Basically trivial things to keep it in tip top condition (it is always cheaper to fix the small problems than wait until they cost you the CAR.)

, That is the truth about any car ownership. They can be surprising.

My last car was a $400 Diesel VW non turbo with 349,000mi.   I drove that puppy to 950,000mi before I parked it (body rust was too extreme) so it was still a runner with 75MPG 5 speed manual 1982.  Did not give me any problems at all.

As for the price - check and compare to private sales in your local newspaper to see how close the prices are.  Some times you find the real deals with lower mileage and a lower price.

• 1 month ago

I would not pay $650 for that car. It is grossly overpriced.

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Are U  Kelly Blue Book?KBB is $6K-8k,  depending. "Civi" can mean basic two door or a deluxe  SE sedan, poor to excellent shape. https://www.kbb.com/honda/civic/2012/si-sedan-4d/?vehicleid=371053&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=137000&pricetype=trade-in&condition=excellent&options=6376984|true. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I'd tell them to knock the price down to $4,500 IF it is in perfect shape. Usually can plan on spending a few hundred $$$ on a used car to bring it up to my standards of acceptable so I don't pay what they ask for (the selling price). Usually shave $700 to $2K off the asking price knowing what I am going to spend to make it right.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago
  • GA41
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Assuming the car has maintenance records which indicate no serious mechanical problems, no wrecks and regular oil changes a used honda in good condition may get 300,000 miles.  I think your car could last a while if it is in excellent condition.  You should google Kelly Blue Book and put in the parameters to determine if you are paying a good price.   Also, never be afraid to offer significantly less, (say 5700).  They may counter offer and save you several hundred dollars.

• ...Show all comments
    • Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

KBB is $6k-$8K. Note  that:  "Civic" could be poor condition basic coupe to SE full optioned sedan in excellent shape. 

• 1 month ago

it might last a while

• i  already  responded  to  your  question  two  months  ago … go  home  already.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Kind of expensive for that much mileage, in my opinion.

• Pat F85
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

$3,500 tops.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.