Is being an architect hard?

I find it fun to build things, design structure, process thoughts about buildings, and etc. However, my creativity is not top notch. I am not extremely creative, and on the other hand, my drawings lack skill and detail. Am I going to be okay if I study architectural technology?

No, It is a skill. Go to a library and take a Vocational Aptitude Test (VAT) to find out if you are Architecturally Inclined. Is it your strongest field. Go from there. The test is free at the Library. You can also take the ASVAB online for free. It is a VAT also.

You may find you are more creative than you think. Not every design has to be out of this world. You indicate you find it fun and that can be a big factor in a successful career. If I were you I would give it a try. You will never know unless you do.

• Adam D

I'm a structural engineer.  When thinking of architects, I have to ask, how hard can it possibly be to "design" buildings with crayons?

On a more serious note, while architecture does require a bit (not going to say a lot) of technical skill, but there is a significant creative/artistic component.  The things you list as weaknesses are exactly the skills that would benefit you as an architect.

Have you considered engineering instead?  It seems to fit your interests a bit better, and you'll walk away with a degree that required you to understand math.

it might be hard