Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

HELP! If I get approved for renting an apartment, do I have to rent it?

First time renting here. Basically the building I’ve been trying to rent in is really shitty and very unprofessional, and kept telling me to check on my application “tomorrow” for 3 days. I’ve decided to look for apartments elsewhere. I called to cancel my application but the person on the phone didn’t cancel it, she had bad English and I don’t think understood what I’m saying. My question is; if I do get approved, do I HAVE to accept the lease and rent? All I paid for was the application fee and that’s it. The application process was a lot of paper work and I honestly don’t remember if I signed something that forces me to sign the lease if I get approved. I’m sure that’s not even possible but I’m new to all of this and I’m just freaking out. So, if they don’t cancel before approval and accept my rent application, am I obligated to accept the lease? 

Renting an apartment from https://kras.triproom.ru

• zipper

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   TROLL!

no           .

You don't have to sign a lease. But you will lose your fee and anything else you've paid.

If you want to cancel the application, do so in writing.

No, you are not obligated unless and until you lease the place, and the poor English speaker - that's not your problem.  It's her problem - she's in an English speaking country.  You did your part.  You don't need to do another thing.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.

Don't worry about it, they can't make you sign the lease if you changed your mind.  You can kiss the appilcation fee good-bye but even if they approve you, its your decision if you sign the lease or not.

< and I honestly don’t remember if I signed something that forces me to sign the lease if I get approved >

Wow, you sure carefully read that lease didn't you?

i would talk to the landlord there about it

• Judy

No, until you sign the lease, you can back out,but would lose any application fee.

i wouldnt think so