How should I clean the inside of my saxophone?

The inside of my saxophone has, I guess dried spit, I can't really tell what it is, but there's even some blue spots. I even hear some sand type noises when I rotate my sax. So I can tell that it definitely needs to be cleaned or something. What's the best way to thoroughly clean all of that out?

Go on line to "care of wind instruments" or visit a store that sells instruments and ask questions.

To remove those loose particle - like sand? - in you bell, try canned air, or a gentle vacuum setting.  To remove what might be mildew, mold (does it smell?) use a barely damp microfiber cloth.  NEVER get anything wet on your sax! 

I had a friend in music conservatory who had an old Cousenon tenor.  The front of the bell had a draped lady - like you would see on the front of an old whaling ship! - with her hair billowing up to the edge of the bell.  A lot of the lacquer was gone - and growing OUT of the bell, and into her hair, was greenish sea-weed colored mold . . .  Most of us found this cringe-worthy - he found it charming and nostalgic.  None of this could be healthy . . .

You take off the neck and run an appropriate type cleaning rag through it. You should use an appropriate cleaning kit that can be purchased at a musical instrument store.