Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Where do you stand on abortion pro life or pro choice ? ?

And why ? 

• LizB
    Favorite Answer

Very much pro-choice, but even more pro-let's make better, safer, cheaper birth control options for men and women both so that unintended pregnancy becomes a nearly unheard-of situation. All children deserve to be wanted, planned for, and loved. 

• Corazon1 month agoReport

I agree! I am 100% in favor of birth control, and everyone should have access to it. 

Neither, I'm pro-abortion. I don't think anyone should have the choice to selfishly give birth and overpopulate this planet even more.

I am pro-choice because I do not think that what I think should be the deciding factor of this highly complex and decisive issue for another person. I also think that it is not a black and white issue and specifics matter. Since I cannot know the specifics nor will I bear the brunt of the decision, the mature thing to do is to step away. Having said that, I also do not think the potential human in question will know one way or the other.  I would not feel the same if there was a child already here that was being abused. I do not categorize fetuses as "helping the defenseless" since they are not conscious, fully formed and cannot exist in a place where I could care for them. If someone did project fetuses as innocent children already born, I can see why they would not want to stand by and watch them get killed. But I do not agree with that version of reality.

pro choice. because it isn't my concern what a woman wants to do with her body

• F

Instinctively I'm anti-abortion but you don't have to look around for long and think maybe it's not such a bad thing.

• sarah

I'm pro-life. Murder is wrong, and whatever circumstances a baby was conceived under are not his/her fault. He/she still deserves a chance at life.

• edward

Circumstances change everything to me. Why are you getting an abortion? It’s a loaded question to say the least. I love life and i think some people deserve to live and others deserve to be killed. If a woman gets raped, should she have to be pro-life? Should it be her choice to have a child that she won’t love as much as one she conceives out of love? If the baby will be born and the first few hours of it’s life are spent in surgery where it may not live is it worth it? Should you be putting a baby through that?

• edward
      1 month agoReport

@LizB  it’s not my business i’m just saying i was raised Pro-life as roman catholic but as i got older i started considering circumstances and how that could alter the way someone thinks about something from a different perspective.

I am pro choice because it is not my right to impinge on someone else's rights.

I am in the middle, if that makes sense. To me it all comes down to the situation, and then I form my opinion from there on whether or not I believe in abortion or not!

For instance if a woman makes the choice to have unprotected sex with the first guy who shows her a lick of attention and winds up pregnant: Nope, I don't believe in abortion, I don't believe the woman gets to "sweep this under the rug" just because she chose to be reckless, a child should not pay the price for his or her parents sins. If you are going to get pregnant, then you keep the baby and then you either a) decide to keep the baby and raise him/her or b) place the baby up for adoption.

If a child is raped and winds up pregnant, and she runs the risk of potentially dying before/during/after childbirth, then yes I am 100% in support of abortion! The intercourse was not asked for, and she should have the right to choose what is best for her own life.

I gotta ride with the folks that are unable to protect themselves. I am Pro-Life because I believe no matter who you are, you have a right to live, love and be Loved

• LizB

^Women with unintended pregnancies are not responsible for fixing other people's infertility. I say this as someone who struggled with both primary AND secondary infertility. Kindly do not use people like me as props for some kind of morality platform.

I am for Pro-life and against Pro-death (aka Pro-choice).