Why does my nose run when I eat hot foods? (Not spicy, I mean temperature)?

I'm not really concerned about it, just curious. I don't remember exactly when it started but it was somewhere after 13? Anyway my dad also has it and we laugh about it a lot, since its more of an inconvenience that we don't really mind, just sort of started to live with it. I've never had any previous nose issues, just wondering why this happens with only hot foods, it doesnt even happen with spicy things.

but for not spicy foods, Gustatory rhinitis affects many people after they eat hot or spicy foods. When a person eats these foods, a nerve called the trigeminal sensory nerve is stimulated, which causes the nose to run. ... If their nose runs after eating any food, they can take certain medications to manage their symptoms. 

for spicy: the spicy food has a chemical, capsaicin, and you are not alone. Capsaicin and allyl isothiocyanate irritate mucous membranes the linings protecting your lungs and various body openings and cavities from infectious agents such as fungi, bacteria and viruses.

Mucous membranes in your nose produce nasal mucus , better known to children everywhere as snot, which traps allergens, airborne dust and other undesirables, keeping them out of your respiratory system. The more irritated your nasal membranes become, the more mucus they produce as a defense.

maybe the heat is making it run

must be some sort of genetic thing for both of you to have it