Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

What are my chances to survive?

I just received the news last week, it’s been hard to comprehend and deal with.

Had some indigestion, and lower back pain. Went to my doctor and had a GI scope. Received the news that I have stage 4 stomach cancer.

There is little evidence of detectable metastatic tumors in my other organs, besides my stomach. 

However, the cancer has spread to some lymph nodes in my chest. 

Having a procedure on Monday to get a port placed, that way I can get chemotherapy administered much easier.

I’m a 33 year old male, vegetarian used to walk for 60 minutes three or four times per week. 

6 feet 2 inches, 178 pounds.

Are their any remedies that may help prevent the cancer from growing? If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I will be trying to make updates on this site, if you want to keep up with them follow me. My account isn’t actually anonymous, just tap on my profile because it looks like an anonymous account.

Thanks again.

• Edna

Welcome back!  Here you are again with another variation on the same old sob story that you've already posted at least 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

• kelvin

well you can't as i did what you said in your question and your account is set too private and sadly for you the woy is me pity party is over and your attempts at trolling seriously suck

• kelvin
      1 month agoReport

i know what you can do, you make 2 accounts so you can troll this garbage looking for pity and sorrow when you have no freaking clue what your even trolling about

• LAN

Mr Right when are you ever going to learn that you aren't intelligent enough to fool me?   You practically advertise the fact that this is you, then you prove it by constantly spamming this rant multiple times.

What's your psycho little plan this time?   Do you plan on posting this crap again and again and came your death on this account?  Probably something like that.  You lack the brains to do anything but post crap that even a soap opera would be embarrassed to use for a plot.

When cancer is found, staging test help doctors plan appropriate treatment and determine prognosis. A variety of tests are used to determine the tumor's location, its size, its growth into  nearby structures, and its spread to other parts of the body. Staging is critical to determine if cure is likely. Some folks with cancer become impatient and anxious during staging tests, wishing for a prompt attack on the tumor. However staging allows doctors to determine an intelligent, planned course of attack.

Staging may use scans, such as liver or bone scans, dye studies, or CT or an MRI to determine where the cancer may of spread or to see if it has spread.Mediastinoscopy, in which the center of the chest (the mediastinum) is viewed with a fiber-optic instrument is used to determine whether cancer, usually lung cancer has spread to near buy lymph nodes. A bone marrow biopsy, in which tissue is taken from the center of a bone and examined under a microscope, can help determine whether a cancer has spread to the bone marrow.

Sometimes surgery is needed to determine the stage of cancer,,,, for example, a laparotomy allows the surgeon to remove or treat colon cancer while determining whether the cancer has spread to nearby lymph nodes from which it could  travel to the liver. An analysis of lymph nodes removed from the arm pit during a mastectomy helps determine how far breast cancer has spread and whether postsurgical therapy is needed. An operation to remove the spleen helps in staging Hodgkin's disease.

Ultrasound scanning is a painless noninvasive procedure that uses sound waves to show the structure of internal organs. Its helpful for identifying and determining the size of certain cancers, particularly of the kidneys, liver, pelvis, and prostate. Health care providers use ultrasound to guide the removal of tissue samples during a needle biopsy..

CT scanning is used to detect cancer in the brain, lungs, and abdominal organs, including the adrenal glands, lymph nodes, liver, and spleen. A lymphangiogram is a test in which dye is injected into the feet and followed with X rays as it flows upward. The test helps identify abnormalities in the abdominal lymph nodes. Although uncommonly done since the advent of CT imaging, lymphangiograms continue to have value in staging Hodgkin's disease and testicular cancer.

MRI imaging is an alternative to CT scans. With this procedure a very powerful magnetic field generates exquisitely detailed anatomical images. It is of particular value in detecting cancers of the brain, bone and spinal cord. No X rays are needed.

Successful cancer treatment focuses not only on the primary tumor but also on tumors that may have spread to other parts of the body (metastases). Surgery or radiation therapy to specific areas of the body is therefore often combined with chemotherapy for the whole body. Even when a cure is impossible, symptoms can often be relieved with palliative therapy, improving the quality and length of life.

Source(s): info nurse
  • Fantom

Your doctor should cover this with you. If he/she hasn't, find a competent oncologist.

• 1 month agoReport

Thanks, he has covered most of it. They will run some more tests, just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this, or even home remedies and other treatments.

• Damien

well people with cancer hate this answer but im gonna say it anyways, to reduce your chance of cancer STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL