promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomOther - United Kingdom · 2 months ago

Is Scotland a nice place to visit ?

I will be traveling around Cornwall in the summer and while I'm there I was thinking Scotland would be nice I've been Russia but never Scotland. What's it like?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Connor
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Cornwall is at the other side of England while Scotland is at the top and they’re like over 500 miles away.

It will take you almost 10 hours to get there so therefore a day trip is not possible. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Scotland is beautiful.  Edinborough in particular but a day trip north (heather on the mountains in the Spring), castles, lochs, it's all gorgeous.  Planning Cornwall and Scotland in one trip seems a bit odd.  They are so far apart.  Have you done Stonehenge & Bath?  The lake district?  The Cottswolds? London - the fabulous museums, Manchester?  Isle of Man, Northern Ireland?  What about Wales?  I'd reserve Scotland after you have seen more of England - a lot closer than any part of Scotland.

Source(s): Been there - all over.
  • 2 months ago

Scotland is quite nice for a visit but not close to Cornwall.

It would be like visiting NYC and expecting to see Niagara Fall while you're in town.  Great if you have the time and money but not practical as a trip "add on" or excursion.

Honestly, Scotland would be a trip unto itself.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Its a very nice place but nothing like Russia.

• F
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

It's cold, you can't understand what anyone says, they eat strange food, everyone drinks a lot, and have a dictator in power. Very much like Russia.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Are you aware that Cornwall is at the bottom end of the UK and Scotland is at the top. Last year it took me 10 hours to drive from Cornwall to Glasgow, It is not a day trip.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not tiny like Cornwall, so Scotland needs a week really.  Wonderful post-glacial scenery on the West Coast and islands. (Beware of the blackflies in high summer).  Plenty of historic interest in Edinburgh.   Glasgow > Loch Lomond >  Fort William >

( consider a day trip to Isle of Skye) > Loch Ness >  Inverness and down the A9 to Perth & Edinburgh.  

Go to visitscotland.com for more info.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cold and full of hills  The landscape outside of cities is actually very nice, but expect it to be wet and windy.  Edinburgh, the capital, is usually windy.  And you'll have to get used to the accent.

• Dizzybyname
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Strangely enough, just like England, there are many different accents in Scotland.  It's not a universal 'Scottish' one.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Pretty much like Valhalla 

• F
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

What the ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach? You always get soaking wet and frozen, the hot part doesn't last vey long and you end up with a cold.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.