promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

If I make payments on a laptop will it help my credit score?

I could purchase it too but would rather make payments if it helps. 

Update:

I already have a credit card

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Depends on where you buy it from and how that purchase works,.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That depends on HOW the financing for the laptop is done.

If you use a store card or a credit card to buy the laptop, then it will help.

If you get the laptop from a buy here, pay here store - then it WILL NOT HELP.

Making payments on ANY credit card account will help your score.  It DOES NOT MATTER WHAT you are financing.

If you can afford to pay for the laptop - then just buy it.

One of the best ways to use a credit card is to pay for things  you need anyway.  For example, set up your credit card to automatically pay for your phone bill, your light bill, or any other bill that you already pay every month anyway.  Then when your credit card bill cycles, you pay that in full with the money you would have spent anyway.  You are building your credit and not spending anything that is out of your budget.  If you get a good rewards card to do this with - then you are even getting money back for paying your regular bills.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Paying interest to possibly increase your score 3-4 points is silly.  If the card has a 0% interest deal and you are 100% sure you won't be late, fine.

• 2 months ago

If you do it on time, then yes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Use a credit card to buy it and then pay it off in full the next billing cycle.

Using your card and paying it in full each month is every bit as good (if not better) than running a balance. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.