Survey: Do you think yourself personally could ever love a special need pet? Why or why not?

special needs = missing limb. death, blind or diabetic, epilepsy etc

• steve
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely. I rescued a completely white boxer puppy (not albino as he had brown eyes)  that was going to be put down at birth when the breeder and the vet said he would be brain damaged, blind, deaf or all three which apparently is normal for boxer dogs born completely white.

I took him on and he could see and hear but was completely crazy not in a bad way so was possibly brain damaged.

I loved him but he died early because he of being born completely white he had the equivalent to a human epileptic seizure.

I loved him and would take on another one.

Sure, I love pets that aren't special needs pets. I'd have no problems with ones that were special needs.

Yup-have had many special needs cats--cancer, hyperthyroid, renal failure, diabetes, etc.....loved them all to bits.

Yes and I used to have a three legged cat.