what do you think of those who say they are really dedicated Christians, but also say the almighty MUST be wrong about homosexuality.?

I cant remember now the number of times I have read people happily say just how dedicated a Christian they have been for years, 

but when it comes to that one issue of homosexual behaviour in the bible they are logically saying that MUST be where the ALMIGHTY got one thing wrong or the one time he told a lie.

they never put it in such stark terms those but it is the only logical way to understand what they say they believe.

people are happy to say they are decided Christians are have known for years the bible is the word of almighty god in one breath, but then in another will when it comes to homosexual behaviour that obviously people were created like that or born this way because no one can tell a lie about that kind of behaviour. the two beliefs are just totally contradict each other.

Favorite Answer

I know a guy who says he's a born pedophile and fights the urges every day. Did God make him that way? Working in the prison system, I also know kleptomaniacs, rapists, alcoholics, drug addicts, thieves, prostitutes, pornographers, prostitutes, and murderers. They all claim they were born that way and don't remember a time when they didn't feel the urge to commit these acts. What does that do to your little theory?

There are many religions, including the Catholic religion, that are condoning what God hates. I invite you to read Romans 1:25-32. According to these verses, does God approve of homosexuals? I think the Scriptures are very clear on the matter even going so far as to say that those practicing homosexuality and those condoning it are "deserving of death." I invite you to learn more about what the Bible teaches from the international website, www.jw.org and Bible Teachings > Online Lessons. All information is at no cost. Thank you.

I find it really sad when I see them. They are so deceived.

I know lots of people who are Christians, who live their lives in ways to be exemplary Christians, and who disagree with your translation of and understanding of biblical verses, and also who prioritize what Jesus is alleged to have said over what Paul supposedly wrote later and after the fact. So...the question to you really is whether you are actually a Christian, giving greatest weight to the supposed words of Jesus, or a Paulist, giving greatest weight to what Paul had to say about things decades later.

Those who think "god" condemned homosexuality are, obviously, Paulists, and are not reading what the Jesus character was saying.

• David1 month agoReport

WHY DO YOU SAY ON ONE SIMPLE BEHAVIOUR THAT JEHOVAH OBVIOUSLY DIDNT TELL THE TRUTH WHEN HE SAYS HE IS THE AUTHOR OF THE WHOLE BIBLE

I think you misunderstand us. 

1. There are only 6 or 7 scriptures in the entire Bible that people quote on homosexuality. 

When translating the Bible you must take into consideration the customs, beliefs and cultures of the time the Bible was written. 

2. Jesus never said one word about it.

3. Jesus told us that loving each other is far more important than strictly following Jewish laws.

We should read the Bible with eyes of grace and compassion. 

4. What Bill B. said. 

• Bill B
      1 month agoReport

@David - Your comment to Bluiies shows how little you undersand things. You're the one being bigoted and you turn around and say she says God is against people of certain skin color?  You couldn't be more wrong. Pity that. 

The only place homosexuality is condemned is in the old testament and in Pauls letters. The Jews were Homophobic, racist and sexist. God rejected them as a race for the racism and sexism. The old Testament is one of the most racist books in print beaten out only by the Quran. Thats why they went into captivity over 20 times. No matter how many chances they were given they just never got it right and kept on killing Gods Prophets for warning them of this outcome. In the end they killed Gods Son.

Paul mentions homosexuality a couple of times in his letters.. He rejects them and his church rejected him because along with being homophobic he was also racist and sexist 2 Timothy 1. Now we skip ahead 300 years to an apostate Christianity that published a book that became known as the Bible. They were racist, sexist and homophobic just like the rejected Paul so they included Pauls letters in the Bible to cover their own apostacy. Pauls letters are condemned by most biblical scholars but remain in the Bible to this day, no one seems to know why.

The Christian Church follows Christ. Thats why were called Christians. At no time in no place did Jesus condemn homosexuality. He came into the world not to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. Paul condemned a lot of people and left the early church with no option but to reject him. Christians do not condemn others. Homosexuality might be wrong. Its not my place to judge. We have a judge we are going to stand before some day. Im okay with that. I dont need to condemn anyone now. Not my job. Jesus tells us to love everyone and i plan to do that. There is Christianity and apostate Christianity . Christians follow Christ, apostates follow Paul. Dont say you follow both. Christianity only has one leader, Christ himself. Pauls teachings contradict Christs. No one can follow both. Christians love everyone. Followers of Paul judge and condemn. Thats what the Bible says. You might want to read it.

• Bill B

I don't know of any Christian who said the Almighty is wrong about homosexuality.  I know many dedicated Christians who say some people's current interpretation of those few verses is wrong.

Did you know the word "homosexual" did not appear in the Bible until 1946?  That is fact and you can look it up.

If not used until 1946, what were those verses referring to?  Something different from being gay, that is certain. 

• David1 month agoReport

keep on lying about what most people really know that JEHOVAH GOD WAS crystal clear and unambiguous on this one behaviour in fact more so than other behaviours like smoking tobacco.

It is clearly an inconsistent position. Homosexuality is condemned multiple times in both the OT and the NT. Not to mention there are many repentant homosexuals out there who came to realize that homosexuality is wrong, and also not to mention that there are many non-gay supporters of LGBT who came to Christ and were convicted by the Holy Spirit about their pro-LGBT stance. Regardless of the anti-God position many churches seem to be adopting with respect to homosexuality these days, there is just no question that God is opposed to it.

• “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil” Isaiah 5:20

When evil becomes good just because “I say so.” we know for sure that God is no longer involved

https://catholickey.org/2016/08/05/calling-evil-go...

A Christian calling out other Christians for contradicting themselves?  Now that's funny right there!

Hey David, maybe you're just reading those parts of the Bible out of context?!