Should you buy wired headphones anymore?

So my buddy wants to buy a good wired Pair of headphones for vacation. Their usb c headphones and are made from samsung that have anc. But he has a wireless pair already with anc so i say no. But before I say anything I'm curious to see what you all have to say.

Favorite Answer

I wouldn’t because everything is using Bluetooth now and sooner rather than later, the charging plug is going to go away and wireless charging will be the standard. 

It’s also an inconvenience because the wires get in the way. 

• L

It depends on your friend's use case.

If your friend regularly listens to content and whats good hi-fidelity stereo for many hours, then use of a wired headset would be advantageous.

If your friend is OK with the battery life of the wireless set already in use, then there may be no need for a wired headset.

Another use case depends on what the definition of "good" is. In my case, I find over-the-ear muff type headphones (with active noise cancelling) much better than any ear buds with noise cancelling. Because these big ear-muff headphones have more space, they have more battery storage and can last a lot longer. I have wired Audio-Technica and wireless Sennheiser over-the-ear full muff headphones in addition to Apple AirPod Pros - each has their use-niche in my little slice of audio life.

It is likely your friend's use case is different from mine - but we don't know...

• In all honesty i would tell him it’s his money and it’s his decision and If he can find a use for them then get them. But I’m just curious what others have to say as well. 

His money, his decision, not your business.

• Actually it is cuz he asked me and my friends so 😂