Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Where do I find an atheist bible or an atheist church? Christians keep telling me Atheism is a religion after all?

• Sky

As an atheist the closest thing I would revere like a bible is Carl Sagan's "Cosmos".

Yeah, atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position or baldness is a hairstyle.

Don't know... Claiming atheism is a religion is like claiming a vacuum is made of air.

• Shadow

Don't listen to religious nut jobs because they are giving you false information and that they are stupid for telling you that. Atheism is not associated with religion in any way because atheists deny "god" which happens to be a religious character for nut jobs to believe in. There is no such thing as an atheist bible and no such thing as an atheist church. Anything religious opposes atheist views due to intolerance and being on cloud 9. Avoid being confused and listen to a true atheist such as myself if you are on my side of things but if you are a religious nut job not wanting to listen to me, then you would be in denial. It's up to you.

• Paul

Atheism is a lack of religion.

You have either misunderstood, they have said it badly, or you're deliberately being disingenuous. Atheism is NOT an organized religion. Religion is a social-cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements.

Atheism is a belief that there is no God(s)

For purposes of interpretation of "Freedom of Religion". I'm not sure if the courts rule that atheism was considered a religion or that it meant "freedom from religion".  I suspect the latter is more likely, but many misinterpret what was meant by it.

There is no, as you well know, "Atheist Bible" or "scripture", we barely agree on the wording of the definition of atheist.  There are a few "atheist churches", which are basically social groups that meet, mostly as a reaction to organized religions.

Christians have a hard time understanding that not everything is a religion and tend to believe that if you show more interest in something than you do their religion, you are worshipping or idolizing it, this might be true in some cases, but most definitely not the majority of cases. It also has to do with the use of "religiously" as in "... he religiously attended all Seahawk events...."

• Caesar

Atheism is not a religion... the same way theism is not a religion... at least theists got gods but theism is not a religion in any way last time I check they also got no holy book of theism if a few special Christians do not know that...  is not their fault they need those fantasies to spread those lies

This website might be able to help.  They used to call themselves "Church of Atheism", but changed their name to "Sunday Assembly" (note the Greek word translated as "church" is also sometimes translated as "assembly"; Ac 15:12).

https://www.sundayassembly.com/

One reason why Christians call atheism a religion is because atheists themselves were able to successfully sue in Federal Court that their belief system (that there is no God) was in fact a religion.

• Pete

Anyone who tells you 'atheism is a religion' should lose all credibility right then and there.

Ignore them. They don't understand.