promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Seth asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How can I talk less while bagging groceries?

I have a job where I have to work with the public and I hate it. I can't quit because I need money. I have depression and bipolar disorder. How can I learn to talk less while working with the public?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

you should NEVER talk at all unless you can improve upon the silence.

just listen to the happy radio musics.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

just close your mouth and think first, theres a place and time, just sayg hi is good

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Be careful with the bipolar diagnosis. A lot of people are being incorrectly diagnosed with that these days. Maybe you just are a very quick-witted person and bored  because you’re intelligent and bored with bagging  and that’s why you like to talk a lot. 

And also if you have been diagnosed as being depressed and they gave you anti-depressants, be aware that anti-depressants can actually cause people to become hypomanic.

That happened to me. The psychiatrists do not tell you that when they prescribe the drugs though. Because if they did you would probably never take them. And they’d be out of a job.

• 1 month ago

If talking to people helps, then do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Hmmm.  Has someone complained about you talking to the customers?

because when I am shopping, I enjoy talking to the check out people.

You can get other people to talk to you if you ask them about themselves or something they have bought.  For instance, you could say that the fruit they have just purchased looks really fresh.

• 1 month ago

It does not seem like talking should be a problem. I like to engage in small talk with the people who bag my groceries. I think the topics that you choose could be a problem. I certainly would not like to hear complaints in general and certainly not complaints about the store I had just bought groceries in. I think that if not talking is difficult, you need to find something pleasant to talk about. I would not object to a grocery bagger who told corny jokes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.