dajj1868 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

What should I do to lose weight? Can I go to doctor & see if I get an excuse for a week or two off from work? I do got sick days.?

I'm a extremely overweight Custodian that has recently joined a gym. But with both work and working out it's very exhausting. That exhaustion is affecting me at work.

I know a week or two isn't much but at least I'd be a bit lighter.

Ketogenic diet. Google Josh Axe Diet Doctor Keto for Beginners. You will lose weight, your body and organs will all become healthier and you will thrive

Josh Axe is a doctor. He also has videos on YouTube and recently wrote a book about the Ketogenic diet which is incredible. I bought the audio version and i listened to it while i walked every day. I'm listening to it for a second time. You won't be sorry

Exercise should give you energy, so maybe you're pushing yourself too hard.

Give your body time and slow down a bit, get enough rest and eat more proteins and healthy fats. Start taking multivitamins and drink 2 liters of water each day. Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.

Follow those steps and you'll start having more energy!

Increaing your exercise is tiring.

If you are too exhausted for work because of this, you may have increased too rapidly.

It does not warrant a doctor excusing you from work.

• .

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a site like freedieting.com to determine about what your calorie intake should be (look for the Daily Calorie Needs calculator link on the left side of their home page). You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term.

.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, youtube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride.

.

When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose.

.

How to lose weight has been asked/answered here in various ways, literally THOUSANDS of times. That's why there's a search feature at the top of the page. The should be no need for anyone to type another answer to that question, because all the information is already available, if you just do a quick search.

.

Good luck!