promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I have no pain but they still want to take out  my gallbladder why would I do this??

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If your  doctor thinks your gallbladder needs to be removed - let him!  You may not be having any pain now, but if your gallbladder is diseased, you WILL soon be having pain, and a lot of it. Gallbladder pain is one of the WORSE pains you'll even encounter. When that pain hits, you'll be begging the doctor to remove your gallbladder!

Don't let it go that far - have your gallbladder removed NOW!

I had to have my gallbladder removed a little over a year ago, and it was a walk in the park. It was removed with  laparoscopic surgery, a modern surgical technique in which operations are performed far from their location through 3 or 4 small incisions elsewhere in the body. I didn't even feel sore afterward and I don't have any scars. It'll probably be the same for you. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Probably because it's shot and not functioning properly at all. Get a second opinion if you want to. Many people do

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no pain but the ultrasonogram  most

probably shows large gall bladder stones

• 1 month ago

What was the occasion to see a surgeon in the first place??

If you had imaging done for another reason and they saw a enlarged gallbladder, filled with stones, then it might be a good idea to not wait for it to block your cystic duct, or common bile duct.

If they want to do it without a good reason they can give you, just do not give consent!

Source(s): Common sense.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Money if you are in the US. My daughter was diagnosed with gallstones last week. Told to wait until the pain was unbearable then they will operate.

It's a big Op, not to be done unless necessary.

Ask your Doctor Why ?

UK

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

If your daughter has gallstones, the pain WILL become unbearable. In the US, gallbladder surgery is no longer a big, invasive. operation.. It's usually  done  done with laparoscopic surgery, which involves only 3 or 4 small incisions. You don't feel sore afterward & you don't even have scars. 

• 1 month ago

We have no way of knowing.

You have provided no information.

Presumably they didn't randomly walk up to you in the street and suggest taking out your gall bladder. Instead you sought treatment. 

You have not mentioned why you sought treatment or any test results.

If you don't understand, ask the doctor to explain.

• 1 month ago

If there is no pain or it’s not contributing to any sickness you have I say don’t have the surgery there’s no need, maybe they’re one of those doctors just trying to get more money.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Not necessarily  so the doctor can make more money.  Gallstones will show up on an ultrasound exam.. They might not be causing any pain yet, but they WILL!!!

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They must have some gall!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.