Adam asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 month ago

SDS-PAGE - Histone proteins ?

Can anyone explain to me how I can solve this question? :-) I have an idea that the answer maybe is 3 but I'm not sure. 

• Ted K
    Favorite Answer

If the order of the lanes matches the description in the text, then lanes 1 (enterocyte whole lysate) & 2 (enterocyte nuclear extract) should contain histones.  Lane 3 (bacterial lysate) shouldn't have any because bacteria do not have histones (although some archaea do).

And this question: 

MNase, Which of the following is/are true?- MNase is a endonuclease (a)- MNase cleaves DNA sequenses randomly (b)- MNase recognizes and cleaves specific sequences about 4-8 base pairs long (c)- MNase is a exonuclease (d)

My answer is a, b and d. Is that wrong? (I can't see the correct answer)

• Ted K
      1 month agoReport

but it also has been shown to go after double-stranded sections. Other than the AT vs GC specificity, I've not heard of anything more specific than that--MNase is pretty much used as a non-specific nuclease, so I would score c as incorrect.