Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Do recruiters from different branches not talk to each other?

Not going to name any branches of the military, but I am in talks with a recruiter about joining a branch. I will be enlisting shortly. Today I received a call from a recruiter representing a different branch asking if I'd like to discuss job opportunities in that particular branch. Do the branches not tell each other who they are signing up?

Considering that they maybe next door to each other; maybe? I only know of my home town. Still, it makes a lot of sense if they were. I'd think that the possibility of them talking to each other is high. Even though why would they have to?

Why would they?

You're just a low level prospect, not exactly newsworthy.

It's not like they're signing the latest college athlete.

No, they don't share their prospect lists, as they have no reason to. If they have struck up a friendship they might discuss some of the idiots who they encounter, but it's not like they notify each other that you're talking to a specific branch.

I think they brag to each other about who they are signing up so the others try getting you to switch. I had enough finally and told them all to suck an egg. Merchant marine pays 10x as much.

depends on which city

in some cities the recruiting stations are not near each other, so why would they talk to each other?

• shroud

in some places all the recruiters work out of the same building, but many have their own place far away from the others, even if they do talk they don't tell the names of people they talk to,

• Ron

Of course not. It's a competition

Not usually. There's no reason to.