nicolas asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

How can I prevent going bald? ?

I’ve recently been getting comments like “you’re going bald!” and needless to say, I’m freaking out but I’m trying to keep my cool because I’m sure stress is a factor. If it matters, I’m a 22yr old white male. I’m quitting smoking cigarettes, as of today. As far as I know, my dad doesn’t have any signs of going bald. I’m not sure about his dad. My moms hair is fine, I think. & her dad is completely bald. Her dad is also +70 years old, 20 years Navy. I’m not sure how long he’s been bald but I’ve seen younger photos of him with hair. One step ive taken, aside from smoking, to combat what’s going on is not wearing a hat, as much as possible, at work. I’ve been trying to do research but I can’t find anything that just gives me comfort. I’ve also been kinda massaging my scalp for the past few weeks. It’s getting hard to not stress about this. I need guidance. 

• Jerry

If I knew how to prevent baldness I'd be rich. 

I can only recommend "wear your bald spot proudly" instead of being one of those morons who can't leave the house without a hat. Or worse yet, the disgusting combover. 

If you shave your head then you stop being a balding guy and become a guy with a shaved head. 

But normal male balding isn't something we know how to prevent or stop. 

• nicolas1 month agoReport

I mean, it is what it is. Just really unfair that others get to keep plentiful of hair double my age but it looks a lot like I’m gonna be 30 and bald. Nothing wrong about that but also  nothing to be proud of. Big bummer. I’m gonna talk to a dermatologist.

You can't, it's all up to Mother Nature.

• nicolas1 month agoReport

**** Mother Nature.

It could be a number of reasons why your going bald you have to know before you know how to fix it if you can see a dermatologist they can look and give you the right answer, we can give you advice like take biotin vitamins or use minoxidil but it might not work since you don’t know