Anonymous

Why does this college keep sending me stuff? How do I make them stop?

This one college has been sending me an absurd amount of material ever since I took my SAT. I have heard from other colleges once, twice tops, but I took my SAT in October and have been getting mail from this college multiple times per week every week since then. I am not interested in attending this particular school and I have not responded to any of their mail

I called their admissions office in December and explained the situation but I am STILL getting mail from them. This is absolutely absurd. How do I get them to leave me alone?

You probably can't.  It is extremely difficult to get your name removed from a mailing list.  Telling people you are not interested in attending the school is not the same as asking them to remove your name.  Call again and make that request.

Next, just relax. Toss the mail in the recycling and chill out.  Hundreds of thousands of kids get un wanted and unsolicited mailings from universities.  Just because you get some postcard doesn't mean you have to do anything about it. 

Schools buy mailing lists from College Board, other testing organizations, other sources. You will get junk mail. Welcome the real world where junk mail is a fact of life. Just drop all that paper in your recycling bin - same as for any other junk mail you receive for the rest of your life.

File a law suit :) Im sure you can make some good money from them:)

At the very least you'll scare them away