promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How do you cope with severe emotional shock and emotional invalidation?

If you live together, and even if you wanted to, you can't break free from this place because you can't afford to go anywhere else apart from going outside or sitting in your car. I am totally and completely alone surrounded by people who hardly know me, while my family and friends are in a different state. How can I cope with this, and how can I become mentally strong enough to help myself? I need me more than I've ever needed myself, so if I'm all I have to survive, I need to become emotionally and mentally stronger.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you are "stuck" in this place, I would recommend making time for yourself each day to do something that makes YOU happy.

If you can go to a park or to a favorite restaurant then go.  Buy a paper and read it while you enjoy coffee.  Go to your local library because they have computers there that are available to the public.  Do some research or get a good book.

You may want to start a journal for yourself and go over some of the things you want to do in future.

You may want to write letters to your family and ask them for some old photos of the people you are missing.

But it's up to you to carve time for yourself out of your day and make yourself happy.  Have something to look forward to.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lisa M
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Can you call a distress line? Every time I have a serious problem that I feel I can't talk to people about, I call a distress line and unload my feelings. It helps a lot even if I really didn't want to call beforehand. 

Or perhaps you can go to a walk in clinic and talk to a doctor? I you can't afford that, could you go to a church and talk to the clergy? It's a little known fact that clergy are required to have some counselling training. It's free, effective and confidential. 

Hang in there! You'll get through this. Try listening to some subliminal meditations on youtube. Thomas Hall makes the best ones, I listen to them while I sleep (this is not an endorsement).

• 1 month ago

look at the positives, at least you have family and friends, some people have a lot to cope with and have no one to help them or be there for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.