Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I have a sister who is a narcissist. How do we show Tough love?

Our parents are her enabler‘s

Favorite Answer

This is a medical diagnosis.  Make an appointment with the Physician who diagnosed her.  He/she can't be specific, but he/she can give you general info.

Sounds like she’s the favorite and you want to sabotage her out of jealousy, but ok. 

I have first-hand experience with a total narcissist. She tries to manipulate people to do what she wants them to do, she is critical and judgmental, tries to make people feel they are always wrong, and works on people to make them feel like they are worthless. Really? hahaha..... I caught on to her years ago. So i let her spew herShit and i just looked at her. I was scheming to figure out a way to defeat her stupid personality disorder.

So these days, if she starts herShit, i just tell her i have to go i have something else to do. I SMILE while i'm at it, and tell her i will see her later. I have, very pleasantly told her that her behavior seems nasty to me and i think it's naughty (lol you should have seen the look on her face and she just cowered away not saying a word). If she tries to make me feel bad about myself i remind her that she needs to stop and think about her own shortcomings and we aren't all perfect (Still SMILING!).

All this gets her goat. I try to say things to her which aren't really all that insulting most of the time, i'm smiling, pleasant and usually? I tell her i have to leave. I just cut her off. and i don't let her know her behavior bothers me in the least.

After a few years of this, she's actually SCARED of me and i'm the only person she doesn't try to manipulate and treat likeShit. She does try to "work" her husband for things she wants, but when she talks to him, she regresses, because he doesn't put up with her crap either.

It's refreshing. And i get a kick out of the fact that she acts like she's half scared of me. It's about time someone stood up to her shenanigans. I think i'm the only one?