promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MessengerUser Profiles · 3 months ago

How come some users on this site have no usernames and are called "Anonymous" ?

3 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

They can choose to have the username Anonymous OR they have some other username but when posting select the "Anonymous" feature which hides their YA identity (username and avatar). If you look in your question at the Edit/pencil, you will see that you can make your identity Anonymous also.

Move your question to Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Messenger (which was shut down years ago) and not applicable to this subcategory.   You can move your question by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

More than one YA user has CHOSEN to make their user name "Anonymous." User names do NOT have to be unique. Or they have chosen to use the anonymous option when asking or answering questions. You can no choose the anonymous option BEFORE posting a question or answer.

They do have YA activity profiles and Yahoo profiles. Yahoo profiles are private. YA activity profiles can be public or private. My YA activity profile is private. I very rarely go anonymous. My writing style screams who I am.

• 3 months ago

The purpose of Anonymous was to ask or answer questions with personal information.

You can change to it under "edit".

If you want it there initially you must click on the question or +Ask to get a full page. The option is next to your ID.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.