What are the drawbacks of eating soy bean?

Favorite Answer

It's not the healthiest food in the world. It's suggested that the isoflavins in soy are apt to cause the growth of cancer cells. It can also impair thyroid function and female fertility. NO thanks. I'm sure that's not all

Plus, manufacturers with no education in dietary nutrition decided to make soy products for vegetarians and vegans. gross, unhealthy crap and it's all a "processed food" which comes from a factory. Enough said?

Processed foods are the worst things we can eat, no matter whether it's cereal, canned vegetables, boxed cake mixes and other pre packaged items, refined sugars and even honey. None if it is necessary for the human body, never was.

It has been known to increase estrogen. Hormones are not my strong point so I can't tell you if that's good or bad. I don't think it translates into becoming a tranny overnight, becoming male as a default female embryo is what requires the introduction of androgens. Female bodybiulders who take those can tend to become more masculine.

The most immediate issue with soy beans is gas. For me I blow up like a balloon and it pushes my liver over till it hurts. I then go to the toilet and not poop or fart but just let out gusts of wind in succession like a reverse vacuum cleaner.

• KaleyK

High consumption of soy can increase your estrogen levels.  High levels of estrogen are related to ovarian and breast cancer.   That is why I will always be a meatatarian.

• bella2 months agoReport

Hi, I also read that phytoestrogens (that is in soy) are actually okay because they don't come from animals.. So maybe it's a myth