Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Why are people so rude to me?

I had a doctors appointment today and people were so rude for no complete reason at all , I’m the type I stay to myself I don’t bother anyone and I’m a sweet Genuine is person I wouldn’t hurt a fly (I do have my mood swings though) When I was at the doctors office , I got a couple of stares from a few women and yes they all looked better then I did... As I was getting called to the back I heard one girl say “Dreads are ugly. They smell weird and make you look ugly” I ignored her... Then when my appointment ended I went to the front desk to sign myself out , I just so happen to look up to see if my boyfriend was on his way to pick me up and some girl out of nowhere goes “Wtf is this ***** staring at” I turnt my head and left lol anyway my question is why do people treat me this way? I’ve done nothing to anyone

People like that probably don't choose to whom to be nasty. People who are feeling confident and secure and have self respect don't feel a need to call people names, criticise, bully, shout, etc.

Bullies want attention, and my general feelings are that if people allow them to get their way through fear (the ultimate emotional reaction) they are succeeding and will continue. One way to combat verbal bullying is not to ignore them completely as this shows that they are getting to you, but demonstrate that you have heard the remark or whatever with a glance, dismissive wave or brief response ("oh yes", or similar) and THEN ignore them. Why should you care what such a pathetic person thinks of you? (Only weak and needy people feel a need to bully). Alternatively, or in addition, try to use some humour (U.K. spellings!). It need not be mocking humour, but some light-hearted banter can often diffuse situations.

Put on an imaginary suit of golden armour, and visualise the unkind remarks (or those you perceive to be unkind - be very careful not to imagine a slight when none is intended) as arrows, harmlessly bouncing off your armour and falling to the ground.

If the abuse is physical, you could join a martial arts or self defence class. Or even check out some moves on Youtube. Learn to defend yourself without retaliating.

Good Luck!

If EVERYONE disrespects you, the problem is you.

Because you weren’t wearing your MAGA hat.  If you want people to like you just start repeating stuff you hear on Fox News.

You must live in a trashy area....