I recently bought a new PC and I have problems with it. ?

So, from the bottom :

I gave the pc to the man to install me windows since I didn't have the optic driver for CD inputs (yes, new machines doesn't support CD's which is dumb with me but okay). He gave it back to me and I brought it home. 

I connected the power cable, monitor, VGA cable, mouse, keyboard and then the big moment - turning on the pc for the first time. 

I turned on the monitor, and then the PC. But then, monitor showed "VGA No signal". Okay, I get the cables out, let them rest for a bit and then connect again. Nope. 

Okay, maybe it's because it need time to idk maybe get the sistem of the new PC up and working. I let it turned on, pc is working everything is fine but no picture still. 

Okay, maybe the monitor died. Let's check with the old pc which was working decently for the last 5 years. Again, "VGA No signal" but the pc is working just fine. Okay, maybe the cable died.

I switch, bought a new one. Nope. 

Okay, maybe the input is bad. I bought a HDMI cable to switch. Nope. 

Okay, I'm done. Let's get it to servis. I brought the old one and it worked JUST FINE. The monitor connected with the pc, system got up and everything worked perfectly. New one is working perfectly as well. I get them home, do the exact things man told me to do and bummer. 

Nothing happened. 

What should I do? 

• keerok

Let me get this straight.

You have a new PC and this monitor. The monitor does not work with the new PC. It does not work with the old PC too. You brought all of them to the service center. All worked there. You brought them back home, nothing works?

If that is the case then I can only think of a few reasons why. You're not using an AVR at home and the current isn't good enough for the monitor or you're doing it wrong. If you do have an AVR, use it for both PC and monitor. Make sure you push in the video cables fully into place. The video cable plugs have screws. Use them but not too tight though.

You have an old PC. Does it have an old monitor? Does this old monitor work with the new PC?

If you really can't make it work, bring new PC and monitor to the service center and have them connect everything and make it work. Once working. Shut down and without disconnecting any cable, bring the whole set-up home. You will need someone to help you carry. You two may look silly but if that's the only way then it may be worth the trouble. I already saw this happen more than once and even saw a pair ride the escalator looking like conjoined twins. Not me. I know how to make it work and I also know when to give up and buy a replacement instead.

What you do is you take your receipt back to the man and say I demand a refund I'm not playing around here I bought a new computer it doesn't work. I want a refund no more games. Then you contact me and you tell me what you're going to use your computer for and I get you a decent computer sent straight to you guaranteed to work just plug it in every computer that I do is guaranteed to work you don't have to do anything except plug it in and push the button. A lot of these companies out here will charge you five $600 or more and I'll give you a computer that doesn't have a CD-ROM come on what a joke! And it only cost $29 to install one. If a person wants to sell me a computer it had better work and it better have a CD-ROM take that computer back to that joker that you bought it from and get a refund.

• Lv 7

did you plug into your video card or your motherboard's video output?

if you have a video card, you must plug into it.

• Sara2 months agoReport

I did, and the man at the tech office checked, it was all plugged in 

the monitor is plenty dumb. it does not scan all inputs for signal but only the last one actually used. so if the service guy used one type of monitor to set up your machine but your monitor is set for a different type than the graphics unit actually has ... it looks like you've got nothing

If it works at the tech's office and not at home, the problem is in your old equipment.  Take the monitor from home and your cables along with the new machine to the tech and ask them to show you how he connects them.  It may be a bios setting that is off, or a cable connection with is just off enough to cause problems.  

• Marvinator

At this point I'd check all the plugs in the house, to be sure you are getting power to the Monitor.