Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Senior citizen, what age did you get grey hair? Do you color it?

Favorite Answer

I didn't get grey hair, my hair started to turn white, and that was in my 40's so I colored it and then one day I let it all grow out and my hair was all white so I went back to coloring it again, as when I went to the DMV and saw what I looks like with all white hair on my DR lic  I HAD to colored it again, even the examiner couldn't see my eyes! and told me to take my glasses off! Whoa!

People started to tell me I have grey hair when I was 31. I started coloring it at that time. But stopped in my late 50s. It doesn't fool anybody anymore.

s               

• Snid

I have just started to get gray air.  I'm 72.  I will not color it.

• Cathy

It started in my mid 50's and by the time I was 60 it was all white and grey. I color it dark blonde because I don't like it.

I have very few grey hairs.  Those I have are just above my ears and a few more to the left of my forehead.  I am 77 years old.  I lost all my hair because of chemotherapy 4 years ago and expected it to return a completely different colour, texture and possibly curly (as mine was always completely straight) however it returned exactly the same colour it had been but much finer (and it was already fine before the chemo) and still as straight as before. I coloured my hair just once, as a teenager and I looked ridiculous so decided to never do that again. I only went from dark brown to black but it just wasn't right for me

• Jojo

I think I started to have grey hairs when in my late 50`s but I have coloured my hair since I was a teenager, and still do, so not sure what it would look like if it all grew out to its natural colour now. Probably all grey as I was  a natural blonde as a child.

• Judith

I got my first gray/white hairs when I was in my late 20s.  I always highlighted my hair and then had it dyed so I don't really know when it turned white (it's white - not gray).  I just know that I got tired of dyeing it after I stopped having it done professionally sometime in my mid 60s plus I was getting open sores on my scalp.  Now in mid 70s and the front of my hair is white to the crown; the back is dark brown.  I've gotten lots of compliments on the color of my hair which I didn't expect; it's a pretty soft looking white and I actually love it - more than when I had it dyed or highlighted. 

i got fifty shades of grey pubes

• pearlmar

I'm 86 and mine never turned grey.

I sure don't color it. Began at 28, total by 45