promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

does the Big bang theory address the statement in Gen 1; 1 the creation of Space structure?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

There is actually no way to scientifically prove any origin story. We cannot submit a 1-time occurrence to the 'scientific method.'

IMO, it doesn't matter how or why, just that we are here.

FYI: I'm a Christian, mathematician, and nuclear physicist.

• ...Show all comments
    • goring
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I have been building Nuclear power plant as engineer could not figure out Creation.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Dixon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Oh no, goring has found a new question

• 1 month ago

Yes, the Void bit

and Let there be light

Attachment image
    • Ronald 7
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Therein is the problemo

• Acetek
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No. The Genesis story is pure fiction. Utter nonsense to boot

• goring
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

really?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Maybe....  When Genesis was written, the concepts people had of cosmology were extremely limited.   "In the beginning, God created heaven and the Earth..."  With the understanding people had of physics at the time, that simple statement was probably enough of an explanation for them. 

In contrast, we look at the theory of the Big Bang, when out of nothing, the universe was created... eventually to form particles, then galaxies and stars, and eventually, the Earth.  

Loosely, they say the same thing; the Bible assigns the act to God, the Big Bang says there *was* an act, but it's indeterminate of what exactly happened - we can only see the aftermath, in which Earth was formed. 

To the people of 2500-3000 years ago, with a near-zero concept of atoms, gravity, and the forces involved, "God created heaven and the Earth" may be the only physics they'd need to know...

• ...Show all comments
    • I dunno... I explained things simplistically to my kids when they were small, then fixed the explanation as they got older... Could be that's what He was doing - telling them what he did in such a way as they could understand, and not worrying about the accuracy of the explanation...

• 1 month ago

Depends if you prefer Catholic cosmology or Jewish cosmology.

• goring
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The creation of shamaim(High waters)

• 1 month ago

It is hard to draw similarities between modern scientific observations and theories in cosmology with some 3000 year old scriptures written by uneducated people with no understanding of the universe.

• goring
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

one had to be educated if he could write the language

• Nunya
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The big bang theory and creationism both claim that the universe came out of nothing. One merely states that there is a creator involved.

• goring
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

there was no physical universe before ,now there is one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.